Friday, March 11, 2016

**Poem: "Facebook Wants" **

 
 
Facebook Wants
 
Facebook wants to know what I’m up to.
Facebook wants my Social Security number for verification.
Facebook wants to know the color of my eyes.
Facebook wants to know how many fingers he’s holding up.
Facebook wants me to read the chart on the wall behind him.
Facebook wants to be the change I wish for.
Facebook wants my number and maybe we can get coffee sometime.
Facebook wants to know what I’m wearing.
Facebook wants all good Americans to come to the aid of their country.
Facebook wants tan shoes with pink shoelaces.
Facebook wants peace in our time.
Facebook wants to know the name of my tailor.
Facebook wants me to raise my arms and cough.
Facebook wants me to reconsider.
Facebook wants to get a kitten.
Facebook wants a god of his very own.
Facebook wants a night out on the town.
Facebook wants you kids to just get along.
Facebook wants pizza, Sicilian with anchovies and black olives.
Facebook wants the Beatles to get back together.
Facebook wants me to know he’s doing fine, fine, kicking around the old
          homestead, straightening up, and was wondering
what am I doing?
 
CAR  3/10/16

No comments: